- Diary Dates
- Latest News
- 5 Feb Sports for Schools Sponsored Event
- 5 Feb Safer Internet Day
- 11 Feb The Big Idea UNITED Celebration Week.
- 14 Feb National Height and Weigth Measure ( Year 6 )
- 14 Feb End of Term
- 14 Feb Reading and Storytelling Day
- 25 Feb School re-opens
- 25 Feb Big Idea Launch
- 28 Feb 100 Days of Reception
- 1 Mar Year 6 Secondary School Allocation Day
- MORE DATES CALENDAR
Disability Access Information
The introduction of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) in 2005 placed a mandatory obligation on all premises offering public access in England and Wales to provide easy access to all parts of its premises for people with disabilities. This must be done wherever it is reasonably practicable but the Act does recognise that full access is not always reasonably achieveable in older existing buildings.
We have always been committed to making our school as accessible as possible, both to visitors to the school and also to the children who come here, irrespective of their differing needs.
Our school has one large single storey building with two separate buildings for the Year 2 classrooms and Little Learners. To make our buildings accessible we have made the following provisions:-
- The separate buildings are both accessible by ramps.
- We have two marked parking bays for visitors in possession of a blue badge.
- The main door into the school has an intercom positioned at a suitable height for wheelchair users. Whilst the main double doors themselves are not electrically operated, a member of staff can open them for visitors.
- The reception counter is a suitable height for wheelchair users.
- We have a large disabled access toilet for use by visitors or pupils where necessary.
- Our internal classroom doors are accessible by wheelchair users. Most of the external doors have a step down into the playground so, where necessary, a ramp can be placed to allow access.
- We have a superb SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disability) team who have considerable experience in dealing with children in our school with differing physical needs.
If you are visiting our school and have any specific needs or concerns that have not been addressed here, please phone the School Office on 01242 527766. A member of staff will be happy to help. If you have any feedback for us on accessibility issues we would very much like to hear from you too.