Current diary dates
- 25 Apr 22 to 21 Jul 22 16:00 - Parent Calendar - Summer Term 2022
- 6 Jun 22 to 21 Jul 22 - Term 6 6th June to 21st July 2022 (Inset day 6th June 2022 staff only)
- 28 Jun 22 - Little Learners Stay and Play
- 1 Jul 22 - Sports Day
- 4 Jul 22 - Class Allocation
- 4 Jul 22 09:00 to 8 Jul 22 15:15 - Year 7 Transition Days - Bournside
- 6 Jul 22 15:30 to 16:00 - Reception to Year 1 transition meeting
- 7 Jul 22 to 8 Jul 22 - New Class Transitions Days
- 7 Jul 22 to 8 Jul 22 - Year 7 Transition Days - All Saint's Academy
- 7 Jul 22 to 8 Jul 22 - Year 7 Transition Days- Chosen Hill
- 7 Jul 22 15:30 to 16:00 - Meet the teacher
- 13 Jul 22 to 14 Jul 22 - Year 6 Production 13th and 14th July
- 13 Jul 22 13:30 to 15:00 - EYFS sports day
- 14 Jul 22 - School Reports
- 15 Jul 22 13:30 to 15:15 - Summer Fair
- 15 Jul 22 18:00 to 19:30 - Year 6 Leavers Party
- 19 Jul 22 13:00 to 15:00 - Year 6 Leavers Show and Graduation 1pm 6T - 2pm 6H
- 20 Jul 22 - Year 6 Water Event
- 21 Jul 22 - End of Term - We will finish for the summer holidays at 12pm.
Adding dates to your calendar
Click the relevant icon to add individual diary dates to your calendar.
In Outlook you will need to click the 'Save' button.
Subscribe to our feed to have all of our diary dates automatically appear in Outlook, ical or Gmail.
You will be asked to add our dates to a new calendar in your default programme, and subscribe to updates. This is available to users of Outlook 2007 onwards, Apple's ical, Windows Calendar and other icalendar (.ics) calendars with 'Subscribe to' functionality.
- "Pupils have very positive and determined attitudes to their learning. They all strive to be ‘experts’ and choose the most challenging activities to work on."
Please see the individual year group pages below to support home learning. We will be updating these regularly.
For up to date details please check our social media pages:
We have another packed programme of events for parents and exciting learning opportunities for the children throughout the summer terms.
Look us up on Facebook and 'like' our page to keep up with the latest news!
Springbank Primary Academy
Springbank Primary Academy is no ordinary school. In fact, it is EPIC! If you haven’t seen for yourself, why not book a visit and find out more?
E - Effort - Trying hard, doing your best, asking questions
P - Participation - Joining in; doing the right thing at the right time, making links
I - Improvement - Motivation to try again; making it the 'best', learning new information
C - Celebration - Achievement; 'The feel good factor'
Welcome to Springbank Primary Academy! We absolutely believe that our school and local community are EPIC and all work hard together to ensure the best learning experience for our children.
We are confident that, if we can effectively teach, and encourage a love for reading then this will set up all our children to do well in any area they choose. We have spent the last two years further developing our reading provision and school culture so that this is prioritised from nursery to Year 6. Our children love to read (and so do our staff!) and talk about what they have enjoyed and found out whilst recommending books to everyone they meet. Our newly formed Friends of Springbank Primary Academy are supporting us with our Library Bus renovation which is set to be completed this academic year, making a truly amazing reading space for everyone to use. We are keen to use this to support the local community as a resource to develop reading both at school and at home.
Mental health and well being is a priority at Springbank and this is woven into the curriculum as well as being effectively supported by our experienced pastoral team who are there for children and parents. Our fabulous practice has been recognised with the school earning the Gloucestershire Health Living and Learning Healthy Schools and Mental Health Awards.
Our curriculum is mapped out to ensure that children gain the knowledge they need in each year group to support their progression to the next, building upon this year on year, as well as celebrating and learning about key events that arise through their school journey. Our EPIC days are a chance to explore, learn and celebrate across the school.
We have an active Facebook page which is updated with useful links for reading, e-safety, mental health, class pictures and videos and upcoming events so do like and follow us to keep up to date https://www.facebook.com/Springbank-Primary-Academy-794820190565336/
Our last OFSTED inspection was in September 2016 which judged the school to be good. It was noted that:
'Pupils read widely and enjoy talking about their favourite authors.'
'Pupils have very positive and determined attitudes to their learning. They all strive to be ‘experts’ and choose the most challenging activities to work on.'
'The impact of the work of the specialist team which liaises with parents and carers, supports the children’s personal, social, emotional and health issues very well.'
The full report is available under 'School Information'.
To find out about our school, we encourage you to come and visit, to see us in action and meet staff and children. A call to the school office on 01242 527766 is all that is needed to arrange this.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Mrs Shona Riddell (Head Teacher)