- Diary Dates
- Latest News
The Sports Premium
The primary PE and sport premium 2017 to 2018 (“the premium”) will be paid by the Secretary of State for Education (“Secretary of State”) to the academies and free schools as stated in section 14 of the Education Act 2002.
The premium for the 2017 to 2018 academic year is paid in 2 instalments from the Secretary of State to academies and free schools as follows:
|Financial year||2017 to 2018 academic year||Payment date|
|2017 to 2018||September 2017 to March 2018||1 November 2017|
|2017 to 2018||April to August 2017||1 May 2018|
Purpose of the premium
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2017 to 2018 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
For more information see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
Click here to see our 2017/18 Sports Premium Plan.