Equality Objectives Statement
We pride ourselves at Springbank Primary Academy at being a fully inclusive school, with all staff dedicated to ensuring that our EPIC vision enables children to work hard (Effort), work together (Participation), reach potential (Improvement) and are able to share success (Celebration). We have consistently high expectations of all pupils regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, ability or social background, committed to meeting different needs and will take steps to foster good relations, tackle prejudice and promote understanding between people from different groups.
Our objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities . We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum and through intervention where necessary, e.g. through a dedicated Behaviour and Emotional Support Team - BEST, learning coaches, individual programmes and support plans
- To provide differentiated provision to meet all pupils’ learning needs including those with Disabilities and/or Special Educational Needs and those identified as More Able Gifted and Talented. We have separate policies to address these groups.
- To ensure the school environment gives pupils equal access to facilities and resources
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling
- To narrow the gap between more disadvantaged children and their peers
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010 (Please see policy for more information)
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
At Springbank Primary Academy we apply principles of equality to recruitment of staff. Our multi-academy trust monitors equalities through an annual return and can be accessed through this link: